Sample Questions for Lectures 7, 8 and 9, for course participants enrolled in my on-line course:
Lecture 7: Close-Ended Questions
- How many years have you been driving and have you ever been involved in a motor accident?
- In your current job, what is the value of the sales budget you are directly responsible for?
- In your current job, what percentage of your customers are multinationals, government agencies and small & medium enterprises?
Lecture 8: Open-Ended Questions
- How do you juggle family responsibilities and job demands?
- Talk about the most difficult account that you brought on board.
- How do you see yourself contributing to the business?
Lecture 9: Scenario Based Questions
- You want to introduce a new product to the market, how would you go about it? Give an overview of your approach.
- Who do you see as major competitors for our products?
- Going forward, what do you consider the biggest challenge to our industry? How would you respond to this?
The internet throws up dozens of sample questions, often with hyped up headlines – Top 10 Questions; Most Common Interview Questions; Questions and Suggested Answers; and so on.
Some of these questions are excellent but unfortunately many are clearly not thought through. Just because everyone uses them does not make these questions effective.
In due course, I shall upload more articles here. Check them out.
Thank you and all good wishes.